Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dad : You are a Star



Stars were always there...
Only in the day time I couldn't see them anywhere,

I walked on the path full of holes & pits...
Later did I realised they were your foot prints,

I complained of you being over protective...
Now I realise that you were just being pro active,

I started walking & then running always ahead...
Seldom I realised that after a tired day it was time for you to go to bed,

I needed you & you were always there...
Today I realised every word of yours that pinched me was 'CARE',

You missed several opportunities just to give me a chance...
And you were always short of money to buy your shirts but had enough to invest for my future plans,

No words or even sentences short could define you...
Neither paragraphs, nor pages few, Nothing is sufficient, even books if written about you,

For whatever you have done for me...
No one other than me can feel and see,

I just want to Thank You...
Feelings I have can never be compared with words few,



THANKS A LOT FOR EVERYTHING THAT MADE THINGS EASY FOR ME....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good poem..covers all childhood memories that one associates with parents n the pangs of the growing-up stages..
there are few lines which could be improved upon..

I complained of you being over protective...
Now I realise that you were just being pro active
over-protective n pro-active are opposite words n so dont go together..

and the para about 'chance' does not rhyme with the next line abt 'investment plans'..and the use of the word 'shirt' jars the mood of the poem a bit..

and the last line could be 'feelings i have cannot be described in words few..'

you could work on the above n make it a beautiful poem coz the feelings are intact..just need to get the grammar right..

cheerios..keep writing!

Poetries inspired by life as it comes!

Popular Posts